Mocha Momma is one of my new blogging friends that I met through Nan at momstheword. She's pretty new to the blogging world but has been kind enough to comment here a few times. I've enjoyed getting to know her and she has kindly bestowed the Honest Scrap Award upon me.
The rules are as follows:
- Say thank you to the presenter of the award and link back to them.
- Share 10 honest things about yourself.
- Present this award to 7 other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who give encouragement.
- Tell those 7 people they have been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
- I'm so thankful to be God's child. I would be nothing without Him. He is a wonderful Father and Savior.
- I am a shy person but I love to make new friends.
- I MUST have a my coffee in the morning. It's not a good idea to try to have any kind of meaningful conversation with me until I have my first cup.
- I am a true-blue Midwestern girl, although I tried to live in the South for awhile and even lived in Montana for almost a year. I always seem to come back to my roots.
- I love to learn about history and the people that lived in that time, especially the American pioneers, either through books, documentaries, websites, or movies.
- I am a new grandma.
- I always wanted to be a teacher when I was a girl and went to college one year but never finished. Instead, I became a homeschooling mom and got to teach my own girls. I love homeschooling, although our last student graduated this year.
- I received my Associates Degree in Business a year ago from a distance learning program and loved "going to school" alongside my daughter. That was fun.
- My grandma passed away last December and I do believe I will miss her every day until the end of my life. She was one of my very best friends and I will miss confiding in her.
- I love being a wife, mother, and grandma. I believe that there is no greater privilege (outside of being a Christian) than taking care of the ones I love.